Monday, November 19, 2007

Final words - Conclusion

Yes, finally we come to the end of the module. I would like to say that the module is fun. Got many 1st times in this module:

1. First time drawing so many things on sketch book.
2. First time designing a notebook cover.
3. First time producing a storybook (although its a kids one)
4. First time keeping a portfolio (in Art).
5. First time spending so much money in a module (about $80 total to date)
6. First time buying so many pencils of various hardness

I still remember Dr Julian showing us a slide on what students say at week 13. Well, I would have to repeat some of the statements because I agree to what they say.

1. This module require good drawing skills - agree because without drawing you can't produce anything or design. That's the fundamentals of design - basic drawing.
2. This module requires some level of creativity - if you don't have drawing skills, some creativity might help by using basic elements to bring out meaning.
3. Basic level of photoshop skills is required too - no photoshop no design. Most of the assignments need photoshop.
4. Good grasp of concepts that is taught in class, although some are already in built in us or learnt outside of the course. - Concepts are applied in designs and analysis.

I must say this module really improves my skills on photoshop/illustrator as well as imagination and visualization of a design concept. I loves filming and photography myself, which is communication using visuals (hence visual comms) It definitely benefit me in my hobby. From basic visual representation to color representation, all these are essential in filming and photography. I would definitely apply these in my future film productions.

I learnt about my weakness in visual communications and that is color. I feel that I am particularly weak in visualizing and imagining color. As a result, I always use bad color combinations. However, learning the different color schemes and meanings, I would apply them (blindly but appropriately).

Finally, I would like to thank Dr Julian and Mr. Reddy for all the guidances and fun in class. Hopefully we would meet again either in your future class or in work. See ya!

No comments: