Monday, November 19, 2007

Assignment 5 - Major Overhaul

I made a major overhaul with assignment 5 because I feel that the design seriously lacked color. The original design was "World Peace". The feedback gotten in class was that "World Peace" does not appeal to a lot of people because they know there is such thing but no one cares. I also had a design titled "Antarctica" but the color was too plain as well. Reddy said I had to imagine something and get interested in it in order to give it more color.

I've finalized the design into "Antarctica - perception".


It shows a family of 3 penguins looking at the falling (or melting) glacier. In our perception, we know something is very wrong. The earth is warming, causing glaciers to melt. However, in the penguin's perception, they may thought about some other things. To make it comical, they are probability thinking that a giant fish had emerged within and there would be a big meal soon. We wouldn't know what they're thinking when they see melting glaciers and they wouldn't know that their homeland is shrinking due to melting glaciers. Thats the kind of contrast I wanna bring out in this design. The inner design has to be simple because a person using notebook probably wouldn't want to get distracted by it. So I just put the 3 penguins in and looking at each other.

No comments: