Monday, November 19, 2007

Assignment 4 - Total revamp

My assignment 4 is totally different from what I presented in class. I presented "Stop Nuclear Arms" poster in class. The feedback received was not very good and I had to totally scrapped the design. Reddy said the idea "Stop Nuclear Arms" does not have a wide audience and only a few Nations are involved.



My new idea sort of reaches out a wider range of audiences. I reused some of the color scheme (fiery, hot, warm) for the poster as the title is "Stop Global Warming". My concept is using a sunflower "watering" the heated earth. I purposely made the sun bright and glaring with a orange tint on the earth's surface to signify the "warmth" that it is feeling right now. Furthermore, the message I am trying to bring out is that, we can't rely on plants to keep our earth cool (by recycling the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere). We, humans, would have to do our part in stopping global warming. The list of steps is written in the text. The last phrase "Plants have done their best..." means that the plants have already done what they can to keep the earth cool, it is us that worsen the situation... (by burning more fuels, wasting energy resource, destroying vegetation, etc).

No comments: